Last updated: December 19, 2016
1. How do you collect personal information and what personal information do you collect?
Dealer collects personal information from you when you provide information directly to Dealer, for example, when you contact Dealer through the Site, create a profile account, sign up to test drive a vehicle, book a service for your Mitsubishi vehicle, make a brochure request, or make inquiries to our webmaster. Examples of personal information Dealer collects are:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number
- Date of birth, gender and marital status
- Your location
- Your vehicle information, including make, model and mileage
- Your financial information, such as loan assets and credit data
- Housing information
- Employment information
- Your social insurance number
- Service information such as recent and required vehicle service needs
- Your purchase timeframe
- Your vehicle interests
- Other personal information required to provide you with our products and services.
Like many websites, Dealer collects information automatically when you use the Site. Examples of information Dealer may automatically collect when you use our Site are:
- Your computer’s operating system, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, your location
- Your access times, language, the website that referred you and your usage and activity on our Site.
Dealer may use third-party analytics services, cookies and other online tracking technologies to help analyze how you use our Site.
2. How do you use my personal information?
- Administering and processing services and products you request
- Creating and administering your profile account
- Administering and enhancing your Mitsubishi Ownership Experience (if applicable)
- Scheduling appointments and responding to inquiries regarding parts and service
- Responding to e-quotes, online offers and communicating any offers and programs
- Scheduling sales appointments
- Processing credit applications
- Processing trade appraisal requests
- Generating statistics, measure the Site activities, personalize your experience on our Site, and detecting and preventing security threats
- Understanding customer’s automotive needs and to increase awareness of Dealer’s and MMSCAN brands, products and services
- Helping Dealer and MMSCAN develop and market our brand, products, services, promotions and advertising.
- Communicating with you about our vehicles, new contests, promotions, rewards, special offers, upcoming events, and other news about Dealer, MMSCAN and their selected partners
- Processing and delivering contest entries and rewards
- Communicating with you about our products and sending you related information, including confirmations, brochures, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support
- Responding to requests for test drives, to comments, questions or other requests for information
- Other purposes that we identify to you from time-to-time.
2.1 Can I opt-out?
If at any time you decide you no longer want to receive communications from the Dealer or our selected partners, such as special offers, upcoming events or other marketing information, you can opt-out. You can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe function in the email you receive. Please allow 5-7 business days to process your request. Note that we may still send you non-promotional emails as permitted by law.
3. How do you keep my personal information safe?
Dealer retains your personal information only as long as necessary or relevant for the purposes we identified or as required by law. We have implemented reasonable safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, from unauthorized disclosure, access or loss. If Dealer uses third parties such as service providers, Dealer requires such service providers to use similar safeguards to those used by Dealer, and also requires service providers to limit access to your personal information and to keep it strictly confidential. Service providers are only permitted to use your personal information for the sole purpose of carrying out services on behalf of Dealer. Your personal information may be stored and/or processed or otherwise used by or on behalf of Dealer both inside and outside of Canada. If a service provider is located outside Canada, your personal information may be processed and stored in a country that has laws that are different from those in Canada, and where the government (e.g. the United States) may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information under its local laws.
4. What about third party links?
6. How do you share my personal information?
7. How can I access my personal information?